2019 FESTIVAL POETRY KEYNOTE
Ryka Aoki is the author of Seasonal Velocities, He Mele a Hilo and Why Dust Shall Never Settle Upon This Soul. She has appeared inVogue, Elle, Publisher’s Weekly, and the Huffington Post, and was honored by the California State Senate for “extraordinary commitment to the visibility and well-being of Transgender people.” She worked with the American Association of Hiroshima Nagasaki A-Bomb Survivors, and two of her compositions were adopted as the organization’s official “songs of peace.”
Ryka is the Director of The After School Workspace at Beyond Baroque Literary Arts Center, Head Instructor of Supernova Queer Martial Arts, and Founder of Studio Passoire. She has an MFA in Creative Writing from Cornell University and is professor of English at Santa Monica College.
DDOOGG is an artist collective and independent press focused on publishing alternative, experimental, and abstract comics. Originally co-founded in 2015 by a small group of undergraduate students at Emily Carr University, DDOOGG is now run by Cristian Hernandez and Juli Majer, and affiliated with a growing number of Vancouver-based alt-comic artists.
DDOOGG has published the work of numerous local and international artists, both online and in print, and exhibited at book fairs in cities across Canada, United States, Europe and Asia, including: Vancouver Art/Book Fair (2016-18) Vancouver Comics Art Festival (2018-19), Toronto Comic Arts Festival (2016-18), Zine Daze (2018), Los Angeles Art Book Fair (2016), Comics Art Brooklyn (2017), Short Run Festival (2017-18) Print Ready VII - Minibar Stockholm (2016), The Future of Comics - Fumetto Festival (2019) and Picnic Art Festival, Shanghai (2018).
✹ Submissions to perform your poetry, flash fiction, and prose are currently OPEN for Death Rattle Writers Fest 2019! Check out all the guidelines here for submitting to be a featured reader at the fest this year.
Do you want to vend at the Death Rattle Book Fair?!?
Let us know when you submit if you would like free space at the book fair to sell your books, comics, chapbooks, or zines, merch, etc.! You don’t have to be a reader/performer at the fest to vend! Just head on over to our Book Fair Application so we can get all the info we need to accept you as a vendor!!
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Oct 6, 2019 Erotica ✹ Death Rattle Writers Festival 2019 Oct 6, 2019
- Oct 6, 2019 Workshop: Juli Majer + Cristian Hernandez (DDOOGG) Oct 6, 2019
- Oct 6, 2019 Death Rattle Writers Festival 2019 ✹ Day 3 Oct 6, 2019
- Oct 6, 2019 Workshop: Carta Monir Oct 6, 2019
- Oct 5, 2019 – Oct 6, 2019 Book Fair ✹ Death Rattle Writers Festival 2019 Oct 5, 2019 – Oct 6, 2019
- Oct 5, 2019 Hell◈Raver Oct 5, 2019
- Oct 5, 2019 Death Rattle Writers Festival 2019 ✹ Day 2 Oct 5, 2019
- Oct 4, 2019 Death Rattle Writers Festival 2019 ✹ Day 1 Oct 4, 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- Jul 12, 2019 The Spill: Horsin' Around Jul 12, 2019
- Jun 27, 2019 – Jun 28, 2019 On Reading | your work as a performance : a workshop. Jun 27, 2019 – Jun 28, 2019
- Jun 24, 2019 FESTIVAL SUBMISSIONS OPEN ☻ Jun 24, 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- Mar 2, 2019 Four Words: An Open-House of 1-Hr Literary Workshops Mar 2, 2019
- February 2019