DEATH RATTLE WRITERS FEST 2019
✹ Submissions to perform your poetry, flash fiction, and prose are currently OPEN for Death Rattle Writers Fest 2019! Check out all the guidelines below for submitting to be a featured reader at the fest this year.
Do you want to vend at the Death Rattle Book Fair?!?
Let us know when you submit if you would like free space at the book fair to sell your books, comics, chapbooks, or zines, merch, etc.! You don’t have to be a reader/performer at the fest to vend! Just head on over to our Book Fair Application so we can get all the info we need to accept you as a vendor!!
You can email email@example.com with any questions.
A huge thank you to everyone who submitted to the fest in 2018 —
The festival was a huge success thanks to all of the participants amazing work everyone was willing to share with us and our community. Can’t wait to see what we all can accomplish in 2019.
Death Rattle is striving to create programming that reflects and invites an inspiring and atmospheric outlet for local artists and marginalized communities fostering an accessible, diverse, and experimental literary scene in our community. In 2019, we are excited to be able to bring artists and writers into the Treasure Valley to be featured alongside our strong and diversely talented group of authors creating and performing here locally. ✹
We here at Death Rattle have seen in our community how much you all have grown in your work and performances and creativity, and we want to continue as an organization to grow with you. This year's programming will be structured as a year round, symbiotic series of education and celebration -- featuring spotlight readings with touring and local poets, authors, and comic book artists to work in tandem as a place to sow seeds, jump in, and hold up a robust creative community.
All of this culminates in the festival you know and love, taking place over two days in October 2018. Death Rattle’s ambitious plan for this year’s programming and publishing endeavours is for everything to work symbiotically with each other - workshops to support publication themes, the contests and the year-long reading series, and into the annual festival itself- much like the cycle of the ouroboros. We look forward to better serving readers and writers in our community this coming year.
☻ SUBMISSIONS for OROBORO VOL. 2 are currently CLOSED! ☻
If you would like to sign up to have free tabling space where you would be able to discuss, share, sell, and promote your artistic endeavors, sign up for the 2019 Death Rattle Book fair below! All profits you make at the festival would go straight to you. We had a really positive book fair last year and the community looks forward to seeing and purchasing your art this coming season! Apply here!
- Oct 6, 2019 Erotica ✹ Death Rattle Writers Festival 2019 Oct 6, 2019
- Oct 6, 2019 Workshop: Juli Majer + Cristian Hernandez (DDOOGG) Oct 6, 2019
- Oct 6, 2019 Death Rattle Writers Festival 2019 ✹ Day 3 Oct 6, 2019
- Oct 6, 2019 Workshop: Carta Monir Oct 6, 2019
- Oct 5, 2019 – Oct 6, 2019 Book Fair ✹ Death Rattle Writers Festival 2019 Oct 5, 2019 – Oct 6, 2019
- Oct 5, 2019 Hell◈Raver Oct 5, 2019
- Oct 5, 2019 Death Rattle Writers Festival 2019 ✹ Day 2 Oct 5, 2019
- Oct 4, 2019 Death Rattle Writers Festival 2019 ✹ Day 1 Oct 4, 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- Jul 12, 2019 The Spill: Horsin' Around Jul 12, 2019
- Jun 27, 2019 – Jun 28, 2019 On Reading | your work as a performance : a workshop. Jun 27, 2019 – Jun 28, 2019
- Jun 24, 2019 FESTIVAL SUBMISSIONS OPEN ☻ Jun 24, 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- Mar 2, 2019 Four Words: An Open-House of 1-Hr Literary Workshops Mar 2, 2019
- February 2019